Duration: as soon as possible – 31.12.2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable MHPSS Programme Officer on a full-time contract to support the PEMS Project in Gaziantep.
The MHPSS Programme Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Programme Officer is responsible for;
- The technical, content-related, and organization and implementation of individual components or measures of the MHPSS programme
- Planning, implementing and monitoring and evaluating the MHPSS components of the project and its activities.
- Supporting partners’ identification for MHPSS activities
- Verifying the potential and capacity of implementing partners/local service providers
- Receiving and reviewing project proposals from implementing partners
- Contributing to GIZ’s internal and external reporting requirements such as inception, progress, monitoring and final reports, and fulfils other reporting requirements related to the program
- Attending relevant meetings, sector working groups, sub-working groups and bilateral meetings organized NGOs, the UN, and other relevant actors
- Supporting the conceptual design, in particular the change or reorientation of the MHPSS component of the project as required. In addition, playing an active role in securing specialist and methodological competence when needed.
- Supporting technically partners or other actors that emerge from the MHPSS program and, if necessary, support the strategy development.
- Representing GIZ in the MHPPS working group in the Health Cluster and in other relevant meetings.
B. Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- native Arabic speaker and fluent English language skills
- excellent working knowledge of computer skills
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: MHPSS Programme Officer in Gaziantep) latest by 18th of October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.