Duration: 01.05.2019 – 27.02.2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Office Manager on a full-time contract to support the Safeguarding the Claims of Syrian Refugees and IDPs for Housing, Land and Other Properties Project in Gaziantep.
The Office Manager responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Office Manager is responsible for
- Ensuring that the day to day activities of the office run smoothly
- Ensuring good and timely communication flow within the office
- The daily operational performance of logistical tasks and liaising with Finance and Accounting Department for the documentation of the payment of related logistical activities (tickets, travel reimbursement/claims etc.)
- Organizing conferences and meetings by liaising other departments or hotels
- Arranging travels for both inbound and outbound travels and hotel reservations
- Filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
B. Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in administration or other relevant field
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience in logistics management (e.g. travel arrangement, search for offers and best prices, booking of meeting facilities and equipment, booking of accommodation, catering, interpretation and technical support to the organization, logistic accompaniment of events, contracting and financing, transparent and reliable use of funds and proper documentation of events)
Qualifications and skills
- In-depth knowledge of the travel and events service industries
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to master different communication techniques according to various stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills, team-player, self-motivated, strong client orientation
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement (takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and the organization, proposes a course of action – makes recommendations based on all available information
- Self-initiative, strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills and flexibility
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Turkish native speaker. Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is an asset.
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to provided in the apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Office Manager HLP) latest by 17th of April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.