Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Project Assistant on a full-time contract to support the Technical Assistance for Renewable Youth Energy Operation Project in Balıkesir.
GIZ International Services’ Technical Assistance for Renewable Youth Energy Operation Project: The objective of the contract is to support renewable energy fields for wind, photovoltaic and biogas in TR22 South Marmara Region (Çanakkale and Balıkesir provinces) through preparation of training modules, delivering trainings, improving institutional capacity of two universities, raising awareness on renewable energy, drafting market analysis report and establishing coordination and cooperation mechanism among relevant actors of the sector.
The Project Assistant’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Project Assistant is responsible for
- Providing administrative services for the project
- Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with a minimum of intervention
- Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures
- Filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Managing timesheets and documentation related to experts
- Preparing the incidental expenditures
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Social Sciences such as Sociology, Education or Administrative Sciences
- at least 1 year of professional experience in a relevant position
- Experience with EU projects will be an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- good management, time management and organizational skills
- ability to work proactively and independently
- ability to work to tight deadlines
- native in Turkish, excellent in English, knowledge of German as an asset
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com, (max.3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Project Assistant InS in Balıkesir). Deadline for receiving applications is 26th of September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.