Duration: 01.01.2020 – 31.12.2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Project Officer on a full-time contract to support the Community Centres and Local Initiatives Project in Ankara or Gaziantep (please state your preference for work location in the application) (for more information about the project see the following link: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/67106.html).
The Project Officer’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Project Officer is responsible for:
- Providing technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of selected projects in line with GIZ quality including support during the proposal writing process and/or any contract adjustments
- Making sure selected projects are running smoothly, quality oriented and supporting their goal achievement
- Communicating and making the field visits with implementing partners, enhancing communication between implementation partners and local authorities
- Improving the implementation by identifying gaps and supporting with capacity development and trouble-shooting (in cooperation with other unit members)
- Preparation and implementation of delegation visits, reporting about success stories in social media
- Maintaining a good flow of communication and information with all unit members and team members about
- Contributing to the conceptual development of GIZ`s tools and processes with regards to the fund
- Engaging in networking and peer-learning with a wide range of Turkish NGOs
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (min. B.A.) in social studies
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Working experience in the field of forced migration/ in protection issues
- Good knowledge of the field of civil society in the refugee response
- Experiences with project planning/ writing and management
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of all office programmes
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Willingness to travel in Turkey regularly
- Very good knowledge of Turkish, English is mandatory, Arabic is an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Project Officer CLIP). Deadline for receiving applications is 02nd of December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.