Duration: 01.12.2019 – 30.04.2020 with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Technical Advisor on a full-time contract to support the QICS Project in Gaziantep.
The Technical Advisor’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Technical Advisor is responsible for:
- providing advice to the QICS Project Director and international advisors on implementing partners and the evolving situation, actors and beneficiaries inside Syria
- coordination and communication with implementing partners, with focus on the challenges for partners, stakeholder and actors working on local governance issues to adapt to the changing political environment of the Syrian conflict
- supporting implementing partners in developing and implementing projects to be funded by QICS project
- developing and implementing conceptual approaches networking, capacity building and organisational development
- innovation and knowledge management
B. Required qualifications and experience
- Master/MSc in an area that is related to the QICS project objectives (public administration, local government social sciences, economics, urban planning, civil engineering, etc.), with a focus on a relevant field
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- native Arabic speaker and fluent English language skills
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Technical Advisor QICS) latest by 11th of September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.