Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ two qualified and reputable Contract Professionals on a full-time contract to support the ILRS and QICS Projects in Gaziantep.
The Contract Professional’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Contract Professional is responsible for:
- preparation of consultancy and financing contract in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- checking the commercial suitability of fund recipient
- reviewing/ cross-checking project proposals with budgets
- supporting partner organizations on financial aspects (invoicing & reporting) for the correct implementation of GIZ’s financial agreements such as Grant agreements and local subsidies
- fund related communication with stakeholders and contracted NGOs
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (Bachelor or master) in Business Administration, financial management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position, experience in grants management, finance administration and accounting an advantage
- knowledge of auditing policies
- Experience with international NGO work an asset
- Being familiar with the context of humanitarian assistance and/or development cooperation
- Very good language skills in English and Arabic, both speaking and especially writing, German will be an asset
Other experiences and skills:
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies, related software and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- quick learner and willingness to learn new tools and procedures, especially GIZ processes & and regulations
- ability to work independently
- ability to work with trustworthiness and integrity
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Two Contract Professionals in Gaziantep). Deadline for receiving applications is 20th of September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.