Duration: as soon as possible – 31.08.2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Water Project Officer on a full-time contract to support the Rural Rehabilitation Initiative Syria II Project in Gaziantep.
The Water Project Officer responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Water Project Officer is responsible for;
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to water/wastewater projects inside Syria and capacity building measures for partners in Turkey and Syria
- Supporting the implementing partner organisations in elaborating of technical specifications and engineering designs in accordance with GIZ standards procedures
- Developing new project proposal ideas with the partners in field of water/wastewater
- Advising the program management on the technical feasibility of received proposals
- Develop received proposals further according to GIZ standards
- Ensure a close follow-up with partners regarding the implementation of the projects inside Syria
- Contribute to various ILRs project reports by collecting appropriate inputs and results of implemented projects inside Syria in the field of water & wastewater
B. Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in Engineering (e.g. hydrology, water, civil, mechanic)
- At least 3 years of working experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with all technical details, devices, machinery and the like regarding water & wastewater
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies, related software and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, AutoCad, SewerCad, WaterCad, GIS)
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
- Turkish and German language skills are an asset
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and reliably in an international context
- Ability to work with trustworthiness and integrity
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to master different communication techniques according to various stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills, team-player, self-motivated, strong client orientation
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement (takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and the organization, proposes a course of action – makes recommendations based on all available information
- Self-initiative, strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills and flexibility
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, reference letters and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button, (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Water Project Officer ILRS II) latest by 26th of July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.