- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Excellent skills in leadership and supervision of staff
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Team, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and any other engineering software will be preferred.
- Understanding of project design, project management, and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Willingness to travel across Turkey and inside Syria is needed.
- Ability to adapt to different, often stressful circumstances.
- Ability to write clear and well reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Quality: 10%
- Ensure incorporation of cross-cutting issues, (for example: including gender & protection mainstreaming).
- Participate in proposal development by providing technical / sector-related components.
- Participate in developing proposal log-frame, narrative, and budget.
- Ensure high-quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
Planning & Implementation: 40%
- Participate in developing detailed work planning, and monthly updating of work plans (for assigned projects).
- Develop a detailed work plan, procurement plan, and budget projection for assigned projects.
- Following up on detailed work planning, and monthly updating of work plans for assigned projects.
- Budget forecasting and phasing, knowing amounts available and being accountable for spend out.
- Development of procurement plan
- Ensure program quality standards are understood and maintained by the project team inside Syria.
- Participate in the development of a Risk plan.
- Ensure projects' quality is based on the international standards (Sphere, INEE, CHS, etc.) and match with the community's expectations.
Grant management: 10%
- Understanding of basic grant details – donor name, start date, end date, reporting requirements for assigned projects.
- Understanding of donor requirements and partner process.
- Donor reporting: write the initial narrative report and/or provide a technical component for assigned projects.
Staff management and Capacity Building: 15%
- Participate in staff recruitment when assigned.
- Ensure all staff understand their roles and have the necessary resources to carry them out
- Set an example of adhering to best practices for staff safety and security and ensure staff does the same.
MEAL Component and coordination: 15%
- Support sector program manager in creating/maintaining sector MEAL binder.
- Participate in developing MEAL tools with technical / sector-related components.
- Participate in the quarterly meeting with the MEAL team to cross-checking data and ensure the quality of reporting.
- Responsible for monthly completion of 4Ws and submission to MEAL department and related clusters.
- Receive complaints and close follow-up with MEAL team on related projects complaints from accountability team to ensure taking required action and closing the loop.
- Representing SR at external meetings, including working group meetings, and interagency coordination to gaps are appropriately covered without duplication.
- Working on new partners / new opportunities.
Representing SR in communication with partners as per the assigned level of communication.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Sector Program manager(s), Sector team inside Syria, Supply Chain and logistic department, HR department, MEAL Department, Operations Department, other sectors staff based in Turkey.
External: Related Cluster, INGOs and national NGOs working in Syria, UN and other humanitarian organizations.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of the HR Department in Syria Relief ( email@example.com ) with the job code “SYD-TR-GZT-027“ in the subject line.
"All Syrian Relief Association members (staff, volunteers, and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct."
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected before the application deadline.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.