The Programme Manager shall be responsible for the development, implementation and management of (WASH) programme and its related projects and their policy and advocacy framework. The holder of this position is a member of programme management team and is expected to ensure respective programme’s efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on the programme, projects and policy issues, communication and implementation of agreed decisions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Preferred Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, humanitarian studies, organizational management, or International Development. Significant relevant work experience in these specific areas will be considered as an added value.
General Work Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Programmes Manager with relevant technical experience and understanding of the same sector. Good knowledge of Financial Management and contract management. Preferably with experience in NGO management, organizational effectiveness, and operations management implementing best practices with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management approach. Good leadership and supervisory skills to motivate and inspire the operations team.
- Lead, plan, develop, and coordinate implementation of all aspects of assigned projects, coordinating implementation with the respective programme staff.
- Ensure effective implementation of all relevant SYD projects and activities, and other tasks assigned to attain desired goals and objectives.
- Supervise formulation and implementation of projects activities in accordance with sound management practice and SYD’s development policies and accountability systems.
- Dynamically and effectively manage, lead, inspire and advise subordinate field staff, assessing their needs, challenges, and strengths, to maximize their commitment and engagement in achieving programme’s results and meeting the challenges.
- Ensure all projects and activities are sensitive to and responsive to changes in the political, social, and economic environments.
- Ensuring all assigned projects are well balanced, well documented and implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
- Oversee projects monitoring, evaluation and reporting and liaise with the SYD’s MEAL.
- Provide quick resolution for problems and roadblocks. Monitor projects health and step in when a project goes off-track.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning from projects activities and provide support during the review process.
- Develop and implement approaches to monitor the performance of projects.
- Provide direction to ensure the effectiveness and positive impact of all the projects.
- Available for travel to all project locations to ensure smooth running of activities and progress, as may be required or appropriate.
- Carry out regular assessments of all projects across their locations whilst providing necessary inputs and training.
- Keep up to date and research the latest discourse around respective programme and aim to evaluate and implement new theories in line with the development of SYD philosophy.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the performance of the Projects.
- Support line management to strengthen working relationship with the projects staff.
- Oversee the establishment and management of cooperative relationships with donors and Syria Relief’s UK headquarter.
- Report projects status including progress, productivity, risk and quality metrics to the Head of Programmes.
- Represent SYD at forums and meetings related with the respective programme.
- Facilitate and support the Head of Programme in areas where support is requested.
Staff Management, Development and Performance Measurement:
- Ensure efficient and effective management of staff within the department considering staff skills.
- Development of project management skills involved in projects activities through necessary trainings of project staff within the department.
- Undertake performance appraisal of staff under direct supervision, and initiate corrective actions for identified gaps.
- Organize periodical meetings with the line management and concerned staff for reviewing issues and performances related to the projects.
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Support the recruitment and induction of project staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship among line management and projects staff for planning and efficient implementation of projects activities and ensure progress reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure in time, professional and appropriate correspondence and support to all projects related enquiries.
- Regular meeting with line management to share information.
- Ensure the development of work plans by all reporting staff.
- Report regularly to the HOP about any significant issues/matters related to Projects.
- Ensure compliance with the Project policies and procedures.
- Languages: Advanced in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) other language will be desired especially Turkish.
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management, organization and work prioritization.
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making.
- Risk management.
- Project & program Management.
- Remote management.
- People management.
- Leadership and development.
- Work overtime when required.
- Proven partnership skills, donor relationship building and fundraising.
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance & grants, HR…etc.
- Able to work independently / with remote supervision.
- To work in busy environment of projects management.
- To work extra time as needed.
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with multiple team members of different backgrounds.
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with donors and NGOs.
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with legal authorities.
- To show commitment to social justice and the mission of Syria Yardım as an organization.
- To demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Suriye Yardım Derneği with the job code “SR-TR-WAPGM-001“in the subject line.
“All Suriye Yardım Derneği members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”