General Work Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Project Manager/ Coordinator with relevant experience and understanding of the same sector. Has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems in an effective manner. Patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in areas of the country difficult to access during certain periods of the year. Remote management experience desired.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering is essential, Master’s degree in the same sector would be a plus, humanitarian studies, or International Development are a plus as well. Significant relevant work experience in these specific areas with a minimum of 3 years.
- Languages: Good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) other language will be desired especially Turkish
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making
- Project Management
- Remote management
- People management
- Leadership and development
- Work overtime when required
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance & grants, HR …etc
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the successful completion of assigned projects on a day to day basis to ensure the effective and accountable management of SR projects.
- Set Project plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
- Ensuring effective implementation of projects that meets contractual obligations including all partner/ donor policy, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensuring activities are in line with community and beneficiary needs
- Ensuring project activities are implemented to a high quality based upon related standards (e.g. Sphere, INEE, CHS, …etc)
- Managing Budgets and understand Financial Reports
- Managing project team effectively
- Ensuring proper project documentation and compilation of project data
- Maintaining proper communication with the partner and donor
- Sharing information with donor, technical sector cluster, other NGOs and coordination structures
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational
- Ensure all internal and external narrative and financial reports (weekly, monthly, interim and final) are submitted within agreed timeframes to the relevant stakeholders
- Coaching, mentoring, training and development of project staff
- Coordinate closely with the program manager on the project implementation progress
- Work closely with other departments on all issues related to assigned projects.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to to the associated email address with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.WPC“ in the subject line .
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”