WASH Project Officer (Ref: WTG/WPO/1002)
|Wash officer||Sivil Toplum|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )|
WASH Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of WASH project activities conducted by WATAN at field level, in water systems, sanitation, Solar PV systems, hygiene and all emergency activities. WASH Project Officer will be responsible for the supervision of all coordination with beneficiaries and local community that are executed by field team, to ensure the successful implementation of all project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in water and sanitation engineering, civil engineering, Public Health, or relevant technical WASH specialization.
- 2 - 3 years of work experience in a position related to WASH project coordination.
- Ability to self – manage on a technical level and to take the initiative in daily ops
- Very good coordination skills
- Training and mentoring experience with field technical colleagues
- Excellent inter – personal, communications and representative skills
- Experience working with host governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Enhance donor relations in emergency/humanitarian context
- Adaptability and ability to re-priorities according to the changing context
- Able to work effectively and creatively within a team.
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature, respectful, and impartial manner
- Extensive experience in project cycle management
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
Any published closing dates are estimated. WATAN has right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible
WASH Project Officer will be responsible mainly for :
Objective 1: Follow up day to day implementation of WASH activities:
- Provide key support to humanitarian projects coordinator in overseeing WASH project activities implemented and coordinate with the WASH Engineers and team leaders on WASH activities implementation.
- Undertake continuous analysis the WASH situation in country and identify program priorities and opportunities via technical assessments and gap analyses
- Provide specialist technical advice to all related planning, design, implementation, tracking and reporting processes
- Reinforce and ensure regular monthly WASH activity reporting from operational areas in collaboration with Area Managers.
- Develop technical guidelines, management tools, positioning documents
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to operational managers and local partners
- Validate technical designs and tender documentation
- Coordinate and maintain a detailed sector implementation plan to achieve project goals on time and on budget
- Evaluate the technical status of projects and propose any amendment steps to achieve project objectives
- Support the elaboration of tools for beneficiary identification and selection for livelihoods activities.
- Coordinate and follow-up the day-to-day implementation of project activities to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Track and record information related to project beneficiaries, support MEAL team leaders in handling requests and complaints with regard to implementation of projects, as directed by the WASH Program manager, and the MEAL team.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly activities progress reports with regard to project implementation to the WASH Program Manager.
- Support in the documentation process for project activities.
- Prepare additional reports and presentations as needed, like steering committees, and follow up meetings.
- Attend project related meetings, and trainings.
- Attend WASH cluster coordination and other relevant meetings.
- If requested, represent the project in front of relevant stakeholders.
- Regularly share information on lessons learnt in the field.
- Any other duties as assigned by the WASH Program Manager.
Objective 2: Orientation of the WASH strategy:
- In collaboration with program and management teams, advise on the integration and complementarity of WASH interventions alongside other sectoral programming to achieve maximum effectiveness and benefit.
- Reinforce program learning and sharing across sectors
- Develop and document an evidence base for programming through best practice approaches
- Contribute to country office strategies, reviews, action, and contingency plans
Objective 3: Support and advice provision to Logistics, Finance and Administration:
- Track and advise programming amendments in relation to WASH budgets and implementation
- Collaborate closely with the HR department in the recruitment, retention, and development of WASH capacity in the field team
- In collaboration with the Area Managers and Admin department, support the timely submission of purchase requests and ensure the timely development of project documentation for tenders, supplies, and sub-contracts
Objective 4: Proposal writing, Reporting and New Business Development:
- Elaborate Concept Notes and Proposals for WASH projects
- Submit regular technical reports as required
- Monthly contribution to sit-rep and activity updates
- Provide timely technical contributions to donor proposals and reporting documentation
- Contribute to newsletters, interviews, and other general program related reportages
The Apply link: https://www.watan.foundation/apply-now
You can send your CV directly to: email@example.com
with the title of the postion 'WASH Officer'