General Position Summary
The WASH & Shelter Engineer will follow up with projects implemented in northwest Syria (Off-Camps
area) and will be supporting the field team in all stages (assessment, designing, planning and
implementation monitoring and documentation). Ensure work done is carried out against agreed quality
standards, and ensure the project stays within assigned schedule.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Technical needs assessment and project development
- Support and monitor development of WASH and Shelter projects with the field team.
- Contribution to the assessment methodology, support to the team in data collection and consolidation of the data;
- BOQ review, edit, rectify and issuing the revised versions
- Prepare the needed technical specification book for each project/activity
- Technical drawings Review and provide the required specific detailed drawings when needed
- Draft of project documentation package.
Construction/implementation follow up
- Support the field in implementation of the construction works as per the contract and the project
- specifications, as well as ensuring that the norms, regulations, and plans are respected;
- Ensure quantity/quality control and time schedule consistency.
- Follow up with field team to supervise health, safety, and environmental activities according to approved plans and regulations.
- Follow up with the daily/weekly site records and all work activities, information, instructions,
- issues, according to site format report and as instructed by the WASH & Shelter Manager.
- Flag any expected delays in schedule and/or in budget.
- Work closely with procurement team to deliver the tasks in a timely manner.
- Support in developing the evaluation for the purchased items, and contracted services.
- Update the procurement and logistic trackers frequently
- Follow up with field team to prepare the payments in a timely manner.
- Follow up with finance/logistics colleagues in the process of reviwing payments raised by field.
- Update the financial trackers frequently
- Data management and reporting
- Supervise data compilation and treatment by the field team.
- Manage the data coming from the field, and report it as planned.
- Contribute to the Wash and Shelter Clusters reporting (4ws / plan and capacity reports)
- Maintain a soft and hard filing system in accordance with internal SOPs
Expected skills and qualifications
- University degree from a recognized university in Engineering (Civil or Mechanical or
- Electrical Engineering) or relevant engineering degrees.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working in WASH and/or Shelter projects.
- Demonstrable 1-year experience in working on water and wastewater infrastructure projects in Humanitarian Organization
- Preferred experience in remote management.
- Preferred experience in the Syrian context.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Reporting skills, and computer skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD software.
How to apply
Interested applicants should first fill the additional information form by clicking the link here and send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with their name and position they are applying to in the subject line, Application for [Position] – [Full Name],
The emails without the relevant information in the subject line will not be considered.
Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered
By applying for this position you certify that the all the details with your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities and persons from under-represented groups to apply to the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.