WASH & Shelter Project Officer (Ref: 2021-76)
|Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)||Hatay,Gaziantep|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Job Title: WASH & Shelter Project Officer
Close Date: 14.10.2021
Job Code: VI-HR-PRF-2021-76
He/She will work closely with with the project manager and will be specialized for data and information management
Responsible for managing specific projects or project components of multiple projects including:
- Responsible for managing the project day-to-day activities in line with field program team in line with the work plans and agreed policies/ SOPs of Violet as well as donors
- Following up the project’s implementation stages in accordance with the proposal and work plan, and report the project progress to the program manager as agreed
- Follow up the implementation process and recognizing the obstacles and solving them/ request support from Program Manager.
- To deal with various data collection tools, analyze the data and highlight the findings.
- Collaborate with the MEAL department to ensure all monitoring activities are applied and completed
- accordingly, review the MEAL reports (including RNAs, PDMs, etc) received and utilize them for evidence-based project management .
- Raising Procurement requests and recruitment requests in line with the budget and monitoring the progress in close coordination with the relevant department.
- Following up the project’s staff issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Following the financial policies and procedures of both Violet and partner to ensure that transactions are properly documented.
- Preparing monthly narrative report timely and accurately.
- Tracking the admin and financial issues in an issue log.
- Reviewing the databases and ensuring that they are properly prepared before submission to the donors.
Accountability and safeguarding:
- Monitor and address the complaints and feedback received under the assigned projects in coordination with the accountability officer
- Identify lessons learnt from the complaints and feedback received and apply to the project, where possible
- Collaborate with the safeguarding focal point to ensure all child safeguarding and PSEA measures are applied and followed in the project .
- Commitment to implementing the policies by considering them when planning and designing activities as well as when receiving complaints or observing issues related to this matter and fulfil their obligation to report it directly via the assigned channels or directly to senior management. Raising awareness to their assigned staff of the child safeguarding and PSEA policy plus reporting mechanisms and how to deal with it
- Facilitate the coordination with the MEAL and supporting departments including finance, Media, logistics and HR
- Participate in clusters or working groups, if assigned
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- Relevant Bachelor Degree .
- Previous experience in project’s management in I/NGO for 2 years as minimum, experience in relevant sector is an asset
- Excellent command of English, especially the writing skills.
- Core & Managerial Competencies &Technical
A. Core Competencies
- Planning and Organizing.
- Commitment to Continues Leading.
- Stakeholders Orientation.
- Technological Awareness.
B. Supervisor/Managerial Competencies
- Empowering Others.
- Building Trust.
- Managing Performance.
C. Technical Competencies
- High computer skills, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- High communication skills.
- Team leaderships.
- Time-Management skills.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Violet, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Violet is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Violet expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Violet employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post,click on the link to submit on position: https://forms.gle/iH6d3Qvo1yh1x6cv6
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)
Violet integrates the protection sector in all the aforementioned sectors. With the length of the conflict and the survival of people for long periods at stake, Violet’s response has had to not only be focused on the emergency response but on the immediate implementation of long-impact health and education sector projects in all of Idlib.
Violet worked to establish and develop its organizational structure to start officially as an organization registered in Turkey in 2014. Accordingly, Violet divided the work into key sectors that mimic the divisions of international humanitarian organizations and implemented the appropriate structure for all departments and staff.