Post Title: Head Of Project (National Only)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Benefits: Competitive Package
Application Closure Date: 08/11/2019
This employment is limited with the project period only. Extension of the contract beyond the project period is not possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe established in Turkey specifically to help to the people who are affected from crises in Syria so, Welthungerhilfe will stay in Turkey for a limited of time depending on crises and funds to its different projects. When the need for Welthungerhilfe ends or if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially.
1. Objectives of the position
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Gaziantep, Turkey (TR). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Head of Project (m/f) Food and Nutrition Security, you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the Food Security activities of Welthungerhilfe in the project region according to the prescribed content, organizational, temporal and financial framework. The project is carried out in accordance with WHH standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer.
2. Duties and area of responsibility
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
· The Head of Project carries out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe's standards for the implementation of projects.
· The Head of Project is responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget.
· He/she is responsible for correctly and duly completing end-of-month accounts.
· He/she examines and signs end-of-month accounts.
· Is responsible for preparing or examining inventory accounting.
· Is responsible for project purchases according to the approved procurement budget.
· When purchases are made locally, the Head of Project is responsible for observing internal or external procurement directives.
· Is responsible for carrying out regular petty cash controls.
· Prepares and/or examines distribution reports.
· Prepares status reports according to Welthungerhilfe standards or the rules of donors.
· Is responsible for bringing the project to an orderly conclusion.
· Is responsible for the security of expatriate staff and national staff involved in the project and for the implementation of the security plan.
2.3 Activities and duties of the position (not of relevance to the assessment)
Liaison and Representation:
· Maintain and expand the contacts with key sector stakeholders and support donor visits as required.
· Attends and advocates (in consultation with CD and the WHH Country Team) in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings.
· Assists in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and CD.
· Take part in needs assessments and monitoring visits as required.
· Liaise and coordinate with local authorities supporting WHH interventions.
· Provide regular technical support to project staff in the area of food security and livelihoods.
· Provides support in establishing the sector of Food and Nutrition Security and Livelihoods as an integral part of the program in Turkey
· Continually analyze achievements and develop appropriate action to achieve envisioned results
· Manage local project staff (Project officers and field staff)
· Lead intervention planning, execution and monitoring through planning workshops, the elaboration of annual, quarterly and monthly work plans with the concerned team, coordination with stakeholders in the field and day-to-day management of the implementation team.
· Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with BMZ regulations and procedures and the specifications.
· Support and maintain operational procedures, apply and adhere to existing standards and guidelines of Welthungerhilfe
· Ensure WHH response is of a high quality and effectively managed
· Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members. When needed, taking disciplinary measures about employees (inc. termination of employment contracts).
· Contribute to capacity building of local staff to enhance WHH future engagement in humanitarian operations.
· Support the financial administration of co-financed projects by supporting the close monitoring of expenditures and the updates of an expenditure forecast
· Provide information on the security situation to Country Office
· Oversee the implementation of Security policies and procedures required.
3.1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
· A university/university of applied sciences degree in Agriculture, Food Security, civil engineering or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
· Several years of project and leadership experience in the field of Food and Nutrition Security for international (aid) organizations, preferably in the region
· Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
· A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
· Coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
· Co-operation and team skills
· Very good oral and written command of English, command of German and/or Arabic is an asset
3.2. Social skills
· Social skills
· Cooperates with others when goals are mainly the same
· Intercultural competence
3.3. Leadership skills
Disciplinary leadership of staff
Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 08/11/2019 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.